B.A. Honors (Humanities & Social Sciences) seeks to enable students to draw upon the resources, talent and facilities available in different institutes. Instead of contating a fixed set of courses, this course provide an opportunity in front of the the student to design his/her own degree. B.A. is a 3 academic year degree and it may be provided on part time basis by certain collages. The Curriculum of the course is divided into 6 semesters.
Duration & Eligibility
- The candidate should complete their 10+2 or its 5 equivalent exam in arts stream from a recognized school board.
- The marks of admission for the course may vary from college to college and place to place , some universities and colleges give preferences to students who have studied Economics as a subject at 10+2 level.
- This is an three years graduation degree course
Admission to the course is based either on the candidate’s performance in the relevant entrance examination (aptitude test in some cases) conducted by the university, or on marks secured in the senior secondary examination in accordance with the university admission process. However, some institutes require a minimum aggregate score of 45-50% in Class XII or equivalent CGPA as one of the qualifying criteria to secure admission to the course.
Merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained at the +2 level and performance in the entrance test, if any.
The last step of the admission process involves counselling wherein students are granted admission as per marks secured either in the entrance test or at the graduation level or both.
- Lady Shri Ram College (LSR) for Women, New Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Christ University, Bangalore
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
Career & Jobs:-
- Advertising Sales Agent
- Event Organizer
- Public Relations Manager
- Travel Agent
- FBI Agent
- Foreign Correspondent
- Human Resources Specialist
- Technical Writer
After obtaining the experience and smart hands on training in this field, the candidate might get the handsome earnings as eight to ten lakh every year.
- Keshvendra Kumar is an IAS Officer who belongs to the state of Bihar. After completing his schooling from Sitamarhi, Keshvendra enrolled in Hindi (Hons) course at IGNOU. Along with Hindi (Hons), Keshvendra also pursued a railways vocational course to support his family financially. After completing the course from IGNOU, Keshvendra took the UPSC Civil Services Exam and cracked it in first attempt.